Become a video game tester? Now that sounds like a great job! Imagine that you want to work every day and work without leaving your home. Becoming a video game tracker, you can! Although this sounds like a dream job, there are some things to consider before taking the plunge.
The video game tracker
The first thing to understand is that work can be long and boring. At first, you will probably enjoy playing, but it is a pleasure that may end after the game for the tenth time. Gaming companies may ask you to complete the game in a week. Although this seems very simple, going through the game several times to test each character and analyze each weapon can take a lot of time.
In addition to this, each card must be thoroughly tested. The following is a detailed report with all the errors and technical issues listed. The reason for this is that if the developer made a mistake in the script line, he should find it. This mistake is your responsibility to find and report!
Short lead times can lead to long work for you. FPS tracker are under pressure, and that pressure is passed on to you. However, there are positive aspects! If you like video games and enjoy playing the latest games, this line of work is for you. Expect to get better games (remember Call of Duty), that is, games from major developers, even if you have experience!
Now about the five things you need to know before applying for a job:
- Must be 18 years old (unfortunately, this is due to tax considerations, not skills!)
- Education is not required. Although it is good to have good writing skills, it is not necessary to have a degree, just a love of games.
- You will first be paid between 10 and 30 dollars. Although experienced testers will see this twice, you should start with small companies that do not have large budgets. But remember, develop your resume and skills, and you will see great checks.
- It is almost impossible to get a job for large companies when you start. These companies have large budgets for their games and want most experienced appraisers to try their games. This is because they know exactly what they are looking for and can be trusted. Don’t be upset. As your experience grows, you can move on to great games! Treat all tests the same way and you will get there.
- And most importantly, what do you need to know? You need your own console to play! Easily! However, do not forget to not limit yourself to one console. However, when you start, stay with one before moving on to others.