Ecobee is a big name in the home automation industry. The company, which is based in Canada, was introduced in 2007 and had since then been creating and selling high-end smart home automation systems. Two of their biggest hits are ecobee3 and Ecobee3 lite. There is so much Ecobee customers should know about these two products.
These are the two ways in which these two products from Ecobee match.
- Both units can be easily maneuvered via a mobile app.
- The two units use a 3.5-inch touchscreen
- They both claim to homeowners save up to 23% on energy
- Installation the units is super easy and fun
- Each of the thermostats includes a power extender kit with no blue C wire
- Both Ecobee3 and ecobee3 lite come with a 3-year warranty
- They both integrate with smart home voice controls such as Apple homekit, Amazon, and Alexa
Differences between the Two Thermostats
Thinking of buying any of these two thermostats, but don’t know which one to consider, here are their differences to help you choose with ease.
- The ecobee3 lite doesn’t have the senor cover, which is visible on the face of ecobee3 thermostat
- The ecobee3 lite lacks room sensors, while ecobee3 includes three fully functional room sensors.
- The ecobee3 does support ventilators, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers, unlike ecobee3 lite
- As for the physical appearance, ecobee3 does have fewer rounded corners than ecobee3 lite.
Installing Ecobee3 vs Ecobee3 Lite is a bit easier than installing ecobee3. Since it has fewer parts, installation is a bit easy and quick. The two come with the needed drywall plugs and screws to ease installation. The lite ecobee3 is smaller in size and light, and you can mount it anywhere in your walls.
These thermostats from Ecobee are designed to be eco-friendly and energy-friendly. They are the perfect units for renters and homeowners that will see them save up to 23% of energy costs every year.
The Canadian smart home automation company, Ecobee provides one mobile app for controlling all its thermostats. The app is suitable for use in an Android and iOS device. When you try downloading the app, your device will automatically recognize suitable for its device version. For those would instead use a browser-based app, you can use the customized web portable to control your thermostats.
If you’ve stayed around to this far, you know almost everything about the two Ecobee3 thermostats. Thus, it won’t take you long to choose the perfect device for your kind of needs and preferences. Whichever device you choose, don’t forget to download the mobile app to control its operations conveniently and comfortably easily.